I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School, Wellington, NZ. I am in Room 13 and a member of the amazing Pouakai Syndicate. My teacher is Ms Tito.

Thursday 19 July 2012

Matariki post

Do you know what Matariki is? well I'm going to tell you. Matariki is the maori new year. Matariki is formed of seven stars named WAITI, WAITA, WAIPUNUANGI, TUPNAUKU, TUPARANGI, URURANGI ,And they say you can name the seventh star what ever you want.I call it RJ. ( Reilly Junior )

In room 13 to celebrate Matariki we made panels that where in 3rds.The top third has to do with new growth. I put stairs to heaven with the sun and a koru. The second third i have two korus that represent my mum and dad. The two stars that represent my two brothers. The two triangles represent my grandfather and I. The bottom third has to do with matariki i have one big koru and six korus. They all represent the seven stars.

I thought making the matariki board was easy NEK MINIT!!!! Matariki 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve.